Thursday August 24th: Bölzer, Trepaneringsritualen, Sangus, Haxen @ Ralph's Diner in Worcester[views:3109][posts:12]
[show listing] _______________________________
[Jun 3,2017 5:59pm - KEVORD ""]
FORZAMORTE VIVO GIG 37 w/ MT BOOKING & CODEX OBSCURUM Present:
Metal Thursday at Ralph's Rock Diner in Worcester
***21+ with valid ID required for entry***
$20 ADVANCE TICKETS AVAILABLE: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/2981476
or $25 AT THE DOOR
[Aug 24,2017 9:44am - Friendly Reminder ""]
How does this nazi show go under the radar? Shame on you Worcester.
[Aug 24,2017 10:21am - RTTP Department of Racist Bands ""]
wasn't Bolzer removed from Spotify for racist lyrics or some shit?
[Aug 24,2017 2:40pm - grandmotherweb ""]
"some critics have blasted our original article for singling out certain artists. In particular, fans of the Swiss brutal metal band Bölzer challenged our characterization of the group has a ‘hate band’. The group’s lead singer, Akoi Thierry Jones, has multiple Nazi-era tattoos, including a swastika. Additionally, the group’s lyrics refer to other Nazi themes, including the German ‘Wolfsangel’ (or ‘wolf’s hook’).
Jones, however, denies any connection with Nazism or white supremacy."
there's plenty of actual problems to protest about besides rioting over a band's song lyrics, you guys.
[Aug 24,2017 2:43pm - susurrate ""]
Explanatory repost of ye olde news-
"It is disgusting, totally infuriating and frankly embarassing the lengths some people will go to in gaining themselves “social” and “political” credibility, in an age where everybody is a nobody, armed with an internet connection and a questionable education.
My music, my baby, my means of absconding all this mundane human bullshit is being slandered and jeapordized by individuals who think they know something but in reality are absolutely clueless to who I am.
My name and that of my band BÖLZER is being smeared via a number of online platforms for alledged white supremacist leanings and a glorification of nazi symbology…just yesterday we were threatened to be met with serious violent opposition once embarking on our pending tour of the eastern US. Certain persons have even pushed to have Spotify remove our band from it’s listed artists…
All this in the light of what evidence you might ask? My various “nazi-era” tattoos, looking european enough to be guilty (despite numerous “dubious” claims to a partial african heritage) and an “incriminating” taste in music.
The line of decency and common sense has well and truly been overstepped, leaving me with little other option but to present a case any person of sound cognitive ability could understand:
– My name Okoi is of nigerian origin, as was my grandfather of the same moniker. Not colonialist africa, native africa. I am therefore one quarter black.
– My ever controversial tattoos are actually very benign and most definitely not of a “nazi” ilk which would be simply unthinkable given who I am. The swastika, fylfot or sunwheel has a very rich history that long preceeds it’s brief albeit tragic appearance within the national socialist regime of 1940s Germany, sharing a place within countless cultures the globe over as a symbol for the solar power, eternity and the elements amongst many other cosmological and existential theories. Despite this stigmatization there are a growing number of people willing to rescue it’s reputation and I am one of them. The BBC have even compiled a BASIC lesson in it’s history for the poorly informed which I urge the doubtful to read before taking up further research on the subject:
– I do not condone racism nor do I condone fascism. I promote intelligence and individuality, both of which cannot exist within the limited confines of the aforementioned.
– I support male rights
– I support female rights
– I support gay rights
– I definitely support animal rights.
– Neither my band nor it’s members promote hate or intolerance. We are on the contrary open-minded, tolerant individuals with friends of many colours in many countries. We judge a man by his actions and conscious behaviour, not his genetic traits.
– I reserve the right to listen to whatever music I see fit as a fortunate advocate of free speech and democracy. The individual beliefs and views of an artist do not impede my enjoying his/her work. Art is the sacred bastion and to censor it would be the death of free speech.
– I retain the right to oppose and fight ignorance in all it’s forms for it is the death of freedom. This would include organized religion, racism, fascism and sexism.
Above all I would like to apologize to my father Paul Ubana Jones for being forced to involve him directly in this. You have always been and remain my largest inspiration musically and personally, thank you."
Okoi Jones /// BÖLZER
[Aug 24,2017 2:51pm - grandmotherweb ""]
susurrate said:The individual beliefs and views of an artist do not impede my enjoying his/her work. Art is the sacred bastion and to censor it would be the death of free speech.
^^^^^^^^^ this. i light naked ladies on fire to Burzum.
Varg is a tool who can eat my torch, but thanks to him, anything short of burning the goddamn building down counts as "original", at this point.
[Aug 24,2017 2:59pm - susurrate ""]
Exhibit A forthcoming:
People will go to a good show, have a good time, and go home after supporting live music and nothing negative will happen and no one will boycott anything before or after in regard to the show.
[Aug 24,2017 3:07pm - RTTP Department of Racist Bands ""]
Looks a lot like a fuckin swastika on his hand to me.
[Aug 24,2017 3:07pm - grandmotherweb ""]
Exhibit B forthcoming:
i will stay home because it's all too triggering, precious...
[Aug 24,2017 3:14pm - ANTIFA NEW ENGLAND ""]
THIS WILL NOT STAND. WE WILL BE OUT IN FORCE. THIS SHOW WILL BE SHUT DOWN OR BE MET WITH STRONG RESISTANCE. DOWN WITH NAZIS. DOWN WITH RACIST SCUM. DOWN WITH THE WHITE PATRIARCHY.
[Aug 24,2017 3:16pm - grandmotherweb ""]
[Aug 2,2019 8:22am - Debra Gilbert ""]
Stupid filtered SPAMBOT post: 126.96.36.199
[Jul 31,2020 10:08am - anonymous ""]
Stupid filtered SPAMBOT post: 188.8.131.52